Gaming & Internet Disorders
Gambing and internet disorder can quickly become an addiction that makes life
unmanageable. It can destroy families and lives and even lead to suicide.
They are often accompanied by other addictions like weed or alcohol.
Compulsive gamer don't even realize they are addicted. Their behavior is irrational.
What is the pattern of gaming addiction :
According to the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) the pattern of gambling
and internet disorders behavior characterized by impaired control over activities, and
continuation or escalation of gaming and internet disorder despite the occurrence of
negative consequences. This results in significant impairment in important areas of
functioning and has been evident for at least 12 months.
What are the symptom
1. Preoccupation with Internet games
2. Withdrawal symptoms when Internet gaming is taken away
4. Unsuccessful attempts to control
5. Loss of interests in previous hobbies
6. Continued excessive use despite knowledge of psychosocial problems
7. Has deceived others regarding the amount of gaming
8. Use of Internet games to escape or relieve a negative mood
9. Has jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity
Do we have to wait until we hit rock bottom to get help ?
No, of course not.
You can ask for help at any time from someone who will listen to you with compassion.
If you or a loved one is in this situation, please do not hesitate to call. I am here for you.